THONR provide a Māori Community Health service providing a range of general health education / promotion, advisory and coordination activities. Whānau are encouraged and assisted to develop personal health goals with measurable outcomes to meet their identified needs
These services are delivered through:
- The development of whānau health plans and targets for improvements in health status as agreed with each whānau.
- Kanohi ki te kanohi (face to face) sessions with individuals to discuss and develop strategies to address their needs
- Hauora Wānanga – health education and information from a Māori perspective promoting an understanding of the Māori view of health.
- Advice, advocacy, liaison and support
- Health promotion and education
- Auahi Kore
- Breastscreen Aotearoa
- Cervical Screening Promotion
- Family planning
- Fitness and mobility
- Injury prevention
- Sexual health
- Wāhine ora
- Chronic Care